Thursday, October 9, 2008

Just getting started...

Well, this is my first post and I have a LOT to learn! I don't really know where to begin...I started the day talking to my sister in Virginia who I miss so much! We decided together that we absolutely MUST stop this obsession with Halloween...not really gonna happen for either of us--but admitting we have a problem is half the battle, right? I mean, how many skulls can one girl have? I think my last count was 27...If I could find black crows out there, that would be my next thing, but sadly, I'm stuck with the 5 I have now. Who knew hanging bats from a chandelier could bring such joy to one's life?!

This week I've been doing some decorative painting--POLKA DOTS! I'm telling you, painting polka dots can really mess with your head! My 9 yr old client has minty green walls and I painted hot pink and brown spots all over the walls--FUN! The room came to life overnight. I love what color can do...my next job is big, fun, whimsical swirls of brown & gold on baby pink walls. A sassy room for a sweet little girl named Gi-Gi.

I hope to learn some tricks to this blogging thing...my creativity stops with a paint brush and decorating. I am not very computer savvy, but I love the thought of sharing ideas and thoughts with others who "get it"...

18 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

MIssy!!!!!!!!! Welcome to he world of blogging, my sweet friend! What a nice surprise to see your comment! Your blog is going to be AMAZING!!!!

By the way, I am having a giveaway, so you must stop by and enter! I will pick the winner tomorrow.:) Lori

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Okay...this is way too weird. We must be kindred spirits!!
Our Halloween decorations have A LOT in common. The name of my site is 'A Touch of Whimsy'...AND I named my Halloween post 'October Fun...
You're off to a GREAT start!!!
M.L.

Anonymous said...

I love your bride and groom....they are to cute!

DMG said...

Your house is incredible, especially your foyer. I am SO glad I found your blog and am adding it to my blog roll right this minute. Please come over and visit our blog. We have a specially frightful affair planned in conjunction with Vanessa's party. Details are at http://amusingmuses2.blogspot.com

Hauntingly yours,
Alberta and Ava

Staci Danford said...

I found your site through this wonderful world of BLOG hopping. Was such fun to see your kitchen. What a precious home and such fun festive spirit. Made me want to come over and just sit and look around. Your skeleton couple was just the best. What great work. Thanks for sharing bits of your soul. Art is truly the eye of the soul.

Traci @ The Bakery said...

Way wicked decorations.....so glad you are figuring out the blogging the so we can gander at your stuff!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the painting.....

Kathryn Costa said...

I love all of your decorations. You are not alone with this obsession!

Be sure to swing by my place for I have some brain tonic and three witches brew for you! Vincent Price is waiting patiently for you to arrive to begin his story. I do hope to see you soon!

Happy early Halloween.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You really do love Halloween. That's the best I have ever seen. Welcome to the world of blogging. Come for a visit. ~ Lynn

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogging world and this lovely tea party:)
Make sure and stop by for a pumpkin muffin sweetie!

Cheers,
kayellen

Anonymous said...

Welcome! I am new to blogging as well and it is my opinion that blogging is like a blank canvas...you just have to make the first stroke! I enjoyed your post! Happy Halloween! Erin

Sarah said...

Wow! You are an inspiration to another new blogger and fellow skull lover(though mine are animal ones but still...)
lovely to see you here at the party!

Valerie said...

Love all your decor and that painting you did on your mantle.

Sounds like you gals have fun!

Salinda said...

Your menu sounds appropriately icky. Happy halloween!

NyteRayn said...

I was just partying over at a Fanciful Twist and I thought I’d check out your blog! Love the deco!!!

Michele said...

I just love your house! I thought I had the coolest house around, but you definitely take the prize! The Halloween theme is awesome! I might just have to steal some ideas. :)

Love the blog, and I will definitely be checking back for more.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your first post, Happy Halloween!

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Love your decorations!!!

Charlene said...

WELCOME!!!!! Blog land is a beautiful world. I AM NEW TOO! And have met some amazing women. I also, am a bit intimidated when I look at the wonder of some of these other Blogs. But for a beginner you are doing swell. I mean... I had one phot posted twice on my Halloween Party (???? gremlins I'm sure) & at least one photo missing. Oh well, next year we will be so much wiser!